9.26.2018

I Know It ~ REVIEW



http://schoolhousereviewcrew.com/wp-content/uploads/iknowit-ad-1200px.jpg

Kaden is so picky when it comes to math, he gets frustrated easily.  Recently we have been using an online math program that he simply adores called I Know It.  It's easy to use and he gets to sharpen up in some areas that he hasn't mastered just yet.  This supplement math program is from the creators of SuperTeacherWorksheets.com, you can see my reviews for them here and here.  This online practice math program is the perfect way for your child to practice their math skills.  For this review we were given the family membership, which is good for one parent and up to four children.  You can head over and check out their pricing for this online subscription now and there is also a 60-day trial subscription for teachers and homeschoolers!


The program is for kiddos in elementary grades up to 5th grade and was exactly what we needed as we began our first year of homeschooling with just Kaden.  The program is aligned with common core if that's important to you and the website is so simple to use it literally made starting school this year much easier for me.  I was able to set up our accounts in minutes and jump right in on assigning lessons in areas he was the weakest on.


First, let me tell you about the parent side of things.  I was pleased with the customization and control that I had as the parent.  I was able to choose things like the amount of hints, if I wanted the problems read aloud to him, how I wanted him to see his score at the end of each lesson and several more options.  One though that I have to say is spot on, especially for sensory kids is the ability to turn off the animations.  So huge for us.... at first he enjoyed the encouragement, but then it was a little much and I remembered I had the option to turn it off and all was right in the world again. :)  Another gold star is the assignments.  It was so easy to browse the units and assign lessons to Kaden daily.  I would take a look at how our morning was going and based on how he was feeling emotionally I could assign something a bit challenging for him or go the safer route and pick something to review.  I also was able to pick how many problems too.  Even with workbooks it's hard to flip through when the tension is high to find something, but the layout is so nice with this program I can relax and place my energy elsewhere instead of stressing with assignments. 
Can I also say that I absolutely love how fast and easy it is to switch between users.  Most online programs you have to log out of the teacher account and then log back into the student account and back and forth.  Here you just switch users, yes!


Let me tell you how Kaden used the program.  Depending on the mood of the day I like him to do 2-3 lessons a day.  I have it set up so he can choose something I have assigned or he can access a lesson that is offered bellow that is at his level.  Even though this is not a complete math program with video teaching or worksheets this has been a huge confidence booster for him.  He feels like it's independent work and the repetition is sinking in.  I sit with him, but for older kids this is perfect to encourage independent learning.  With the progress reports you are able to see exactly what they are struggling with. 


So, what did we think?  We loved it and it was exactly what we needed to ease back into our homeschool routine.  We are able to sharpen his weaker math skills without implementing more work in his eyes.  He has yet to complain about logging onto iKnowIt.com even once.  Once we start this years full math program next month, I plan to still have him work on at least one lesson during morning time a few times a week. 
Make sure you Connect with them on Social Media!
http://schoolhousereviewcrew.com/wp-content/uploads/iknowit-logo.jpg

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest
Interactive Math Lessons K - 5 grade {I Know It Reviews}
 
Crew Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment