10.03.2017

Super Teacher Worksheets ~ REVIEW

more_travel_img 
I've Reviewed for this next company before and I love them now more than I did before.  Several weeks ago I was asked to give another Review about Super Teacher Worksheets and their Individual Membership.  Since our school is really evolving I need all the help I can get.  Our style of schooling has always been eclectic, but here lately as I try to make school time enjoyable and achievable for Kaden I have been veering further and further away from workbooks, complete curriculum sets and textbooks.  We have been doing mainly unit studies, reading living books and devoting hours to our garden and nature studies.  With the Individual Membership this is totally possible even with no preparation on your part.  And trust me I have had many days where our plans change and I need to come up with something interesting for Kaden to do...... and fast.




First I'll explain the actual website and then I will go into how I have used it to my advantage in our homeschool.  Once you log in at the top right is your account info and the most awesome Filing Cabinet where you can send things you find on the website directly there for future use.  I use this a lot because I just grab my laptop with a cup of coffee on a Saturday morning and just flag everything that's interesting to me.  I do wish if I could change one thing about it it would be that you could create multiple file folders.  So you can sort by subject or by child... just a thought, but it's still one of my favorite things about STW.

To the left you will find a search bar and blocks of subjects that list the current worksheets available.  For instance at the top there is Math, then in alphabetical order there is a listing from Addition to Word Problems and everything in between.  Here is a little example for instance when you go to Math you will see Addition at the top.  You click it and then you are brought to another list to narrow down your search to exactly what your looking for.  So, you will see Basic Addition, Multi-digit Addition, Adding decimals and Fractions, More Addition and a See Also section.  Lot's to pick from right?  Let's say you Picked Basic Addition...once you click it then you will see several Addition Games to download or print.  There are Flashcards, Addition Basic Concept sheets, Puzzles, Mystery Pictures, Addition Drills and also Basic Addiction Worksheet Generators to customize what you need.  With all that I have mentioned you can see which ones line up with Common Core by clicking the little icon if that's important to you and you can even translate some of the materials into Spanish.


Quick List of what Subjects are Available:
Math
Reading and Writing
Phonics and Early Literacy
Handwriting
Grammar
Chapter Books
Spelling Lists(K-5)
Science
Social Studies
Holidays
Puzzles and Brain Teasers
Teacher Helpers
Pre-K and Kindergarten
And......Your Very Own Worksheet Generator!
Also on the front page is Top Picks, Other Subjects that may Interest You and the What's New section.  This website is really organized, easy to navigate and makes finding what your looking for effortless. 


 
Ok, so let me show you a few of the things we have used.  Now, like I said I'm pretty eclectic and for instance today while looking in our garden Kaden spotted several bees in our sunflower patches.  Of course that sparked questions....several questions and after our walk thru I headed straight for the computer.  Went to the STW website and in the search bar looked up bees.  I was able to quickly save to my filing cabinet a few things I thought Kaden would enjoy and then left to make lunch.  Later while they were eating I printed off a few for him to complete tomorrow.  I still have more to print out later in the week, but for now they are saved in my file cabinet.  I only print the day I'm going to use them and sometimes I have Kaden look at the worksheet on the computer and answer verbally, narrate what he has read to me or he copies his work down in his notebook.  So, having the worksheet saved on the website is super helpful for me, especially since I do not print everything out ahead of time.



What I am LOVING right now is the Math worksheets available.  He just can not possible work daily anymore on Math.  For me to present a simple worksheet is less stressful for him and I find he completes more at a time.  I also have him copy onto our blackboard and work them out there too.  I am looking at life skills lately, trying to show the everyday in his subjects. 
 Here is a collection of pictures when Kaden was busy working on a Math worksheet that involved him making a list of grocery items, locating them in the paper, cutting and pasting them to the worksheet.  Then he added them up and we went a bit further and added sales tax.  He didn't even look at it as work!! 
 


We learned a lot about Space and Astronomy this past Summer, so I was thrilled to see so much on the subject.  It was great review for him and we even enjoyed painting and then playing this Space Game.  Fast and once again he didn't even realize he was learning, just quality time with Mom.  A few times he needed to grab a book or one of several lapbooks he did over the Summer to find answers to some of the questions.  Total Score!


We also have been reading Poetry...like a lot.  I think he loves it and I love that he loves it.  So, book after book we read and try to memorize just portions or fun line we like.  But, sometimes it's nice like the other day I just clicked on Fall on the SWT website.  And here I found this Fall Poem.  We painted it and have it up on our wall next to our weekly scriptures.  Can I just say Score...once again?  Are you seeing how easy this is, Super easy?

 




















Other things we have used is their Spelling sheets and other English helpers like this cute letter mix-up game.  He had a lot of fun with it and he even kept the letters in a snack sized zip lock to reuse.  Not only is there many things for Kaden, but the Teacher Helpers are fantastic.  Charts, Awards, Agendas, Planners, Banners, Reference Charts and so much more.  I'm in the middle of moving our classroom so I don't have a lot of this to show, but I have my eye on a lot of fun cute things.  One thing I did print out for Kaden was this little Month at a glance sheet.....so helpful to see what's coming up and I love the themed months.

So, what am I saying here in this post?  I'm saying the Individual Membership has been an asset to my school room.  I use this resource weekly in my home and it works along with my eclectic hands on learning approach that I have with my children.  No matter what your style is, this is an affordable treasure trove.  You will be blessed by it and wonder how you lived this long without it.  My exact words to myself, like 5 times already.  Make sure you head over and Connect with Super Teacher Worksheets on Social Media sometime today.
Twitter   
  Crew Disclaimer
Super Teacher Worksheets

No comments:

Post a Comment