11.08.2013

Christmas Ham, but not on Christmas


 Yummy Ham with Spirals of Brown sugar.......all this Piggy Goodness all for me!!!  Every Christmas we have the same Meal, the Star of the show of course is Ham.  And we have Homemade Mac and Cheese, Mashed Potatoes with Gravy, Rolls, Yams, Green Bean Casserole, Broccoli Salad, Stuffing and Cranberry Sauce.  Every year, same thing except an occasional veggie swap.  




So, I started thinking the other day....why do we just have this once a year?  No real explanation came to me, so I ran down to the Store and picked out a Pretty Piggy.  We didn't do a Huge meal, even this Christmas we wont be doing the "normal" Menu.  

Everything on Our plate was Gluten and Dairy Free.....Yummmm it was so good.  But, I have to say it was odd not hearing Christmas music or seeing Twinkle lights out the corner of my eyes.  

Do You have Once a Year Food?????

No comments:

Post a Comment