11.15.2019

God's Mail Vol 3 ~ Review


Sometimes you just need a little encouragement, some hand holding and a hug during a long day.  And most of those days I find myself here at home alone knee deep in laundry with Kaden melting down in another room.  Instead of tumbling down a sad destructive rabbit hole I usually try and grab a cup of tea and read something spiritually healthy.  These past several weeks I have been using the God's Mail Volume 3 written by Ron Hardin from God's Mail.  This book has been a perfect mix of encouragement and inspiration.  I love that this book hosts a collection of poems that touch on many struggles and issues we may face.  And on the opposite page there is a list of scriptures from different Bible versions to go along with each poem.


So, here is what I thought..... I would not say these are average poems.  To me these are spiritual correspondences between the Author and God.  I do this every single day.  I talk with him daily, his words and work show up in my art and personal writing that I keep tucked away for only my eyes to see.  I flipped through this book and wasn't looking for beautifully written poems, but conversations, realizations and eradication of broken hearts, bodies and minds.  And I could feel this connection between the Author and God....this is what spoke to me.  That is what had me pulling out my own Bible and reading further into the message I received from the Author's message he received.  I hope that makes sense. :)


I've read most of the book and I would make 2 suggestions.  One would be to lose the art behind the writing.  And the other thing would be to group the poems into categories in the table of contents so it's easier to find what you want or need to read quickly.  Would I recommend this book?  I would with the understanding that these are the Author's communications with God through poetry.  The style is not typical.  I would take a look down below at what other people said that reviewed this same book.
God's Mail: Volume 3 {God's Mail Reviews} 
*******
 Crew Disclaimer
 

No comments:

Post a Comment