3.07.2018

CursiveLogic ~ REVIEW


I personally prefer writing in cursive whenever I write in my journals or  illustrations.  You would think at least one of my kiddos would have latched on to this fine art just as I had when I was younger.  But, that couldn't be any further from the truth.  That doesn't mean this homeschool Momma can't at least try to teach them this lost art.  Luckily there are many writing programs available and I have found a few that I felt were helpful.  But, one in particular I have reviewed for before a few times and am here to review yet again for them and showcase a few new things they have to offer.  CursiveLogic has blessed us with a beautiful updated version of their CursiveLogic Quick-Start Pack and The Art of Cursive
 

The CursiveLogic Quick-Start Pack includes the newly redesigned spiral bound workbook and access to their webinar.  I decided this time I would have my daughter work through the workbook and watch the webinar.  This program is geared for students 8 and up.  I have also decided to maybe share a page or two out of The Art of Cursive.  Ok so first the webinar was pretty useful for both Mahala and I to watch.  It was almost an hour long and it explained exactly how to teach cursive writing with this program to your students.  Mahala found it helpful, but I was having some light bulb moments regarding Kaden.  He has poor motor skills and getting him to write period is hard.  But, I think with some of the tips I learned I may be able to do this with him at a slower pace.  Just seeing someone else making the strokes was appealing to even Mahala. 
 
Top is Before and Bottom is after Day One


This program teaches you and your student cursive in a very unique way.  You may be used to the normal alphabetical order, were you do a whole page or two of the letter A and then B and so forth.  Instead you are taught by color coded strings of letter shapes.  Even the reminders given about the 3 P's...Posture, Paper and Pencil caused Mahala to make significant improvement right from the start.  But, I do believe the reason for the success when using this program is in the special teaching method.  I also love that the workbook paper is high quality and they even give you a few dry-erase pages for continuous practice long after you finish the program.

Light after darkness...
 


Now let's talk about The Art of Cursive.  I was asked a year ago to take a look at this product when it was still in the building phase.  Oh my goodness, it turned out more amazing then I ever thought it would be.  Stunning in just one word.  If I wasn't so attached to it I would give it to my oldest, but what can I say....I'm in love.  This would be perfect for the student that maybe already knows cursive, but needs to tighten up on their skill.  Perfect for us crafters who like to journal sayings and needs a little tune up in the cursive handwriting department.  

Even the beginner student would enjoy the gorgeous pictures in this coloring book and the short lessons included.  There is some instruction included.  And then you are given a quote or saying to trace and then practice.  Afterwards you get to color the picture that elaborately is filled with cursive letters.  The pages can be taken out fairly easy and the paper is pretty high quality.  I wanted to put it to the test, so I literally water colored some of the pictures with no problem with soggy paper.  I highly recommend this to all families, homeschooling or not that want their kiddos to know the art of cursive handwriting.



Make sure you go Connect with CursiveLogic today on Facebook!



****As a little bonus to my Readers, CursiveLogic created a special discount for you all.  Using the code CREW2018, you can save 20% on the Quick-Start Pack, which is the webinar + workbook combo.  The code will be active through the end of March....check it out Today!!

Crew Disclaimer
The Art of Cursive & Quick Start Cursive {Cursive Logic Reviews}

No comments:

Post a Comment