10.28.2017

Kid Niche Christian Books ~ REVIEW

 
I usually don't like to say that a certain Review is my favorite, but this next one I just can't help myself.  We have been using the Weave Your Word in Me --Part 1 from Kid Niche Christian Books during Bible time.  This is the first part of a 2 part study for Tweens based off the Lord's Prayer that was written by Susan Case Bonner.  Kaden reads his Bible often and enjoys reading it on his own during quiet time.  We have done devotions and themed studies on and off for years.  I like to try out different things to keep it fresh, but I also like to save time and not have to try and pull together big studies to emphasize what he already reads on his own without being asked. 
For Kaden he gets overwhelmed super easy so I try to keep things simple, especially Bible time.  I love that this study promotes life-centered Biblical learning.  It's easy for him to relate to the lessons and the questions and activities just make sense to him.  And with that, there is no complaining to sit down and do his work.  So, let me just dive in with what we received and how we are using it.


We got it in the mail and I was super impressed with the quality.  First off I really do not like printing things off.  Is it because I always forget to get ink, so the colors are less vibrant and most of the time I just have to print in black and white?  Yes!  The pages I received from Kid Niche were vibrant and bold.  It came already hole punched and ready to insert into a binder.  The cover for the binder was a much thicker card stock and the pages consisting the 36 lessons were also on real nice paper.  It's so funny to see what us homeschool Moms look for, but it's true...good quality paper rocks!  Another thing that I found pleasing was the font size.  It was very clear, easy to read and there was no confusion as to what to do or how to do it.  As a busy Mom the answer key was so straightforward and easy to use quickly.  I love that and it was also great for Kaden, who was able to work almost completely independently accept most of the fun activities.


The first half of the study focuses on God the Father and the last half focuses on God the Son.  The first few lessons had Kaden reading all over the Bible looking deeper into who God the Father really is.  Kaden liked the connection made about Him being the Potter...the Weaver.  Each lesson has scripture to look up and read, along with fill in the blank questions.  I love at the end is a fill in the blank My Prayer.  You complete the sentences and then say it back as a prayer to God.  This was actually Kaden's favorite part because he confided in me that sometimes he can't get his words out when praying.  He says he gets so many thoughts at once and it overwhelms him so sometimes he doesn't pray because it's too much for him.  Wow, I did not know that was going on for him.....and to see my child grow in confidence while praying makes my heart thump circles!  He gets this serious look on his face when he begins, but after all the blanks are filled in and he reads it to God he has a sense of peace in his eyes.  We decided to cut them all out after we are done and save them in a scrapbook.  I have to add that we were camping recently and he brought his lesson binder and Bible.  He was looking back at lessons he had already completed and there was a question that asked why do you think Jesus prayed so often..... Kaden thought long and hard and replaced his previous answer of "Because he liked to" to "because he needed reassurance from God and guidance".  Wow, he's getting it, it's really sinking in, not to just answer some questions, but his heart is growing for the Lord and that makes this Mama so happy.


So, what more can I say...this Bible study is remarkably done in a way that I have not seen before with other studies.  Simplicity without lacking real Biblical teaching.  Now, I know I have mentioned the activities Kaden did.  Those were from the Enrichment Activities area on the website.  It's filled with so many fun things to further learn, make and do.  One of the fun things Kaden did was work on a pottery wheel we had gotten him last year.  He laughed at the Pottery Wheel Rap video while slinging clay all over the kitchen.  Some suggested activities for that particular lesson was to visit a pottery studio or make something with modeling clay.  There are so many fun things to do with each lesson.  We ended up working on reading the Bible and answering questions 1-2 days a week and then doing whatever project or activity on the 3rd day.  We loved it and Kaden is looking forward to doing part 2 as well.  Make sure you head over yourself and visit with Kid Niche Christian Books on Social Media.  If you have a kiddo in the 4th-6th grade this would be a perfect addition to your Bible time.






This study is designed to be able to be used with several different Bible translations.  King James Version (KJV), English Standard Version (ESV), New King James Version (NKJV), New International Version (NIV), New American Standard Bible (NASB) and New American Bible Revised Edition (NABRE)
Crew Disclaimer
Weave Your Word in Me {Kid Niche Christian Books Reviews}

No comments:

Post a Comment