10.06.2015

Exhaling Moments

Kaden the other day was practicing his Spelling words on a hand held white board.  As I was busy preparing the next subject he scrolled out this little precious moment and flashed it at me.  And just like that I melted back into my seat and exhaled deeply.  
I don't know about you, but I get so caught up in the busyness of life and lists.  I have to be constantly reminded to exhale and enjoy what God has so generously given me.  It's funny because with my other two Kiddos I can drill them right along schedule and not miss a beat.  But, Kaden being on the Spectrum is a total different story. 
There are many many moments that require an exhale.  And it wasn't until our Family started to heal a few years ago from addictions that I actually used those exhaling opportunities for what they were designed for.  Used to I used them to dig down deeper, work harder, stress more, add to the list and I could go on and on.  But, now those moment look different...feel different.  They renew me and give me a chance to make different choices.  Healthier choices that further Our healing.
So, I smiled at Kaden....told him I loved him and asked him what he would like to do next.  He said snuggle time with my blanket.  I put my work down, grabbed his weighted blanket and we snuggled while we exhaled.  We both needed that moment and other times in my life I would have had a hard time with it because of my Mental and physical ongoing lists that I have.  
Life doesn't have to be Perfect to be Wonderful!  Our Family is Living Proof of That!

No comments:

Post a Comment