6.16.2013

Bridging the Gap with a Book


Have you ever had something happen to you and you just KNOW it is a Direct Gift from God?  I have been fortunate to have had this happen to me several times in my life. God has been a Huge part of my life and I can safely say that I would not be here today if he was not walking along side me every single day.... many days carrying me.  
You can go back and look at some of my past posts to see what I mean exactly.  

Today I have to share with you the little Miracle that God did for me and my Family just a few weeks ago. 
My Sweet Kaden is on the Spectrum and with that comes his literal thinking.  If he can't physically see something or figure it out on paper with a pencil then obviously it's a sham.  Over the years we have tried to go to church, but we can't stay more then a few minutes and then out the door we go.  So, as a Family it's been a few years since we have walked through the church doors together as a Family.  
That said, we read the Bible and Devotions weekly and pray every night.  But, the hard part is no matter what we say or do Kaden Questions the fact that God exists or that there should even be Religion.  Kaden has always been fascinated with Religion, different cultures and the way they pray to their God.  He needs concrete evidence.  The Bible is a book of stories and God is a character in it to him.  For me, that crushes me, it separates me from my Child.  I can't find an avenue for us to at least meet in the middle.


And then there comes the Miracle.....and it came in the form of a Review.  A review on a Book from Apologia, How Do We Know God is Really There? by Melissa Cain Travis.  Are you kidding me?  I was so excited I was beaming from ear to ear, I knew in my heart that this little book was going to be that avenue to reach Kaden so that he could connect the dots.  A lot was riding on this book....a lot!

When we got it I wanted to read it ASAP.  But, he said we needed to wait for book time, which was right before bed.   HAHAHAHA
Then I figured that it was probably best, so I read through it.  And I loved the story, I will not go into detail because I don't want to ruin it for You or your Kiddo.  But, I will say it was simply Amazing. The Art work is Colorful and eye-catching, even my 13 year old enjoyed reading it. Even though it is geared for younger Kiddos, the story can be enjoyed by the whole Family. 

Kaden read the whole book, straight to the end and asked a lot of Questions and had a loooooooong Discussion......2 hours almost.  

But, I will say that the night we read How Do We Know God is Really There an Avenue was built for my Son and I.  And I am so Thankful for this Miracle. 

This is the first in an exciting new series of picture books designed to introduce kids to important questions of the Christian faith in terms even pre-readers can understand. Read this aloud with your family, and you’ll come away knowing that “the heavens declare the glory of God and the skies proclaim the work of his hands.” (Psalm 19:1). 
Follow them on Facebook and Twitter

 

1 comment:

  1. 2 HOURS???? WOW!!! Rejoicing with you!!!! God is SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete