1.03.2011

Back to Normal....Almost

We are home and my sweet little darling is safe playing with her brothers. What a few weeks we have had. One can never truly prepare for a child having an unsuspected illness.
She was discharged and the plan is to have an ultrasound in a week and a half to see if the mass has grown. This week she will visit a pediatric gastro Dr. for her colitis. And will have an appointment with a pediatric OB Dr. next week. She still may loose her ovary and tube if the mass grows. We are not 100% comfortable yet, but she's home so we are more relaxed then what we were in the hospital.
Our home school group has blessed us with meals every night for the week. What a blessing too, I knew it would be helpful, but what a relief to not have to put together a dinner for the family when you are still so worried.
Today I made all of her appointments and organized what bills we have. I picked up the house a bit and looked through our calendar to figure out what outings we have coming up. We need to start doing some home school work by Wednesday, because her first appointment will be Thursday and I don't want to wait too long before we get back to some normalcy. I told her I wanted her to do reading and one other subject this first week.
I let Skylar go to the movies with one of his friends and then hang out with him all day. I know he has been under a lot of stress with watching over Kaden all this time. He was amazing, did more then I honestly imagined he could do.
Kaden has some kind of virus. I called his Dr. and he said if he's not better by Friday to bring him in. I tell you if our family doesn't get healthy in 2011 I'm going to screeeeeeaaaam!!!! It has to be better in 2011. Kaden is so happy having everyone home. I'm sure the virus he has is lingering because he's been stressed with everything that's been going on. Well, I'm going to try and hit the hay early tonight. Sleeping on a fold out chair in the hospital stinks!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad she is home. I truly wish you and your family a HEALTHY new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear she is doing better...hope everyone stays healthy in the new year!

    ReplyDelete