4.15.2014

What Sparks Your Kiddo's Curiosity?



http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb374/TOSCrew2011/2014TOSCREW/Curiosity%20Quest/CQ_mapwithlogo300res_zps5675e61f.jpg
I don't know about you, but I have all these great Field Trip ideas in my head.  And that's exactly where they stay....in my head.  

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to visit an Orange Grove on a cold, rainy day and not even have to get out of your cozy slippers or leave your house?  That's what the Kiddos and I did a few weeks ago.  I can't wait to tell you about Curiosity Quest.  I was able to Review two different DVD Combo packs, Swimmers of the Sea and Produce 
Each Combo Pack offers 3 incredible episodes, each episode is approximately 30 minutes long and they Retail for $24.95.   
Every episode starts off with a Question sent in from a Kiddo out in TV Land. Your Kiddos can submit their topic ideas too online.  During the episode, Host Joel Greene explores different things that are all associated with the particular topic of choice. 
The Curiosity Quest series is intended for children ages 7-14, but I can see it being a Favorite for just about everyone in the Family.  I totally enjoyed watching every single episode, some of them more then once! Trust me when I tell you...Everyone will be entertained while getting a first-hand look at some pretty fascinating topics.

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb374/TOSCrew2011/2014TOSCREW/Curiosity%20Quest/produce_zpsd5bf9362.png 
The first DVD Combo Pack- Produce we watched had episodes about Mushrooms, Cranberries and Oranges.  
Growing up in Florida I was really excited to watch the episode about harvesting and packing Oranges.  And sure enough this was our Favorite episode.  We were all amazed with the grading process and how the oranges are cleaned, cared for and packed.  Kaden enjoyed watching how they carefully snipped each orange from the tree so there is no stem left to damage all the other oranges in the bag.  And Mahala's jaw dropped when she watched them use a black light to detect bad spots on the oranges.  In regular light you couldn't really see them, but in the black light they glowed.   The next day she used her own money to buy a small black light to test out our oranges in the fruit bowl.  I'm happy to report she found no glowing oranges!  :)   Kaden normally will not eat mushrooms.  I'm happy to report that after a trip to the store after the mushroom episode he practiced his cutting skills and helped me make a lovely mushroom gravy.  He ate every last drop over some yummy biscuits. 

I just have to add the most favorite part of the Curiosity Quest videos for my Kiddos were the Fun Facts and the Questions they went out and asked other Kids.  It definitely was one of the main highlights.  Dad would always know when we watched an episode because Kaden would run up to him and tell him all the Fun Facts he had learned that day.
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb374/TOSCrew2011/2014TOSCREW/Curiosity%20Quest/picking2_zpsaf450de5.jpg





















http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb374/TOSCrew2011/2014TOSCREW/Curiosity%20Quest/swimmersofthesea_zps820486a2.png 
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb374/TOSCrew2011/2014TOSCREW/Curiosity%20Quest/seaturtle-sm_zpsac611027.jpgDVD Combo Pack- Swimmers of the Sea was the other adventure packed collection we received.  We learned about Rescuing Sea Turtles, How Salmon Spawn and how committed and cute Penguins are.  Out of this Collection our favorite was learning about the adorable Sea turtles.  I say adorable like they are all so tiny and cute.  But, after watching this episode you will quickly learn they are not your average pet store turtles at all. :)  After watching these episodes we decided to go visit the local Salmon Hatchery in our area and check out the exotic pet store just to see and touch some turtle toes.  Yes, I said turtle toes....that was per Kaden's request.   We also headed to the library and checked out a ton of books and Mahala signed up for a volunteer spot at the zoo during the Summer here just to learn a little more about sea life animals.

I would Highly recommend any Homeschooling Family to add these to your DVD Collection.  I think Curiosity Quest presents a Product that I aspire to do with my Kiddos every day.  And that's to get them Interested and Curious about Life around them.  Learning does not have to be Blah and Boring!!  And with Curiosity Quest you wont have to worry about that, just prepare yourself for some pretty excited Kiddos that will have a million more Questions and topics they will want to research on their own.  I think that's music to my ears!! 
If you would like to keep up with what's going on with Curiosity Quest, here is where You can find them!
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CuriosityQuest
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curiosityquest
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCijkbeDwySOsg-pZjOeWsgg

Click to read Crew ReviewsCrew Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment