6.20.2019

Dark Art


I have been painting like there is no tomorrow lately.  It's become easier and easier because my style has truly come to the surface of hours of painting.  A few weeks ago I would have to sit and think of something to paint.  Then one day I read something about letting your inner 8 year old take over.  I thought about my life at 8.  I had both parents, a room full of comfort and toys with nothing but time on my hands.  I built forts, climbed trees and had a wild imagination.  I remember looking up at the clouds from a blanket and creating stories in my mind.  I always talked out loud like I had 10 other people with me as I played school or house.  I played shop and kitchen, I colored and created things constantly.  I was a busy little girl and each day was an adventure to me.  
But, there was a dark side of me too.  I was sexually abused off and on from the time I was 2 or 3 till I was 11 years old.  I was bullied and picked on in school, we moved so much I never made real friends and then my Mom became deathly ill, Dad died unexpectedly and then Mom died a week before I turned 13.  WOW!  Even now I'm impressed with my survival.....

Afterwards, I was in and out foster homes and facilities.  Abused sexually, mentally and verbally until adulthood.  And then I escaped, I survived alone on the streets until I met my new life.

So, I guess my art represents the dark hidden underneath the cute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment