9.07.2018

GrammarPlanet ~ Review

http://schoolhousereviewcrew.com/wp-content/uploads/GrammarPlanet-2.jpg
Who likes Grammar...raise your hand.  Not me, I'm not even sure I'm qualified to be writing this blog.  That said I'm sure there are many things my children need to learn and I have no idea where to even begin.  It's hard to sift through online programs and workbooks to find the right fit for each child.  These past few weeks we have been using a brand new online grammar program from GrammarPlanet and it's given be a bit of hope.  One of the neat things with this program is it's geared for ages 10 and up.  Not only can you use it with your kids, but you can also brush up on your own grammar skills.



This comprehensive online program so far has 13 self-paced units at the moment, with more being added weekly.  There will be a total of 60 units once completed and teaches all the fundamentals of grammar, punctuation and word usage.  One of the neat qualities about this program is that is adjusts to your mastery of each skill by adding more practice where you need it the most and advancing in areas you have mastered.  It's like it grows along with your kid.


Each of the units are pretty much the same, which is great for repetition and consistency.  You have a short video along with a printable that highlights what is being taught in the video.  It's nice to have the physical paper in your hand while watching the videos.  After the video you get to practice by separating and labeling certain parts of speech.  Immediately your work is corrected.  If you end up missing to many questions you do get locked out of the unit and can not move forward until your parent/teacher reopens it.  Once you have successfully finished a unit it is followed by a test.  I found this program is very mastery based and this has proven to be really difficult for Kaden who has Autism.  Mastery is such a huge word to swallow in our school.  Some days I'm lucky if he can even write five words down and other days he can write me a whole paragraph or two. 



So, what did I think?  This program was really hard for us, but it is something that I think I want to continue, but as a supplement.  For Kaden and his learning disabilities he was easily overwhelmed and discouraged.  Seeing all of the wrong answers and then being locked out until I reopen it for him to continue really didn't sit well with him.  He would be embarrassed to ask me to give him access again.  I think for him it just wasn't a good fit.  But, for my other two this would have worked out nicely, they would have breezed right through.  I would like to still continue on with more help from me and less emphasis on working consistently like I had tried to do during this review period.  But, please check out what others are saying and make sure to Connect with GrammarPlanet on Social Media!   You can head over and try this program for FREE (the free version is supported with advertising)  After trying it out and decide it's a good fit for your kiddo you can go ad-free for just $39 to have lifetime access!

Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
*Grammar Program Online {GrammarPlannet Reviews}

Crew Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment