8.31.2018

Homeschooling Autism


So, the first week of homeschool this year I had absolutely nothing planned.  I figured if I had no expectations I wouldn't be disappointed.  And you know what...Monday was like walking into the depths of hell.  Kaden banged his head, broke things and screamed until he could barely talk.  And you know what?  I let him, I made sure he was as safe as possible and I let him transition from summer to school year. It was painful, but this is the first year I expected nothing except complete craziness and it was easier to get through.  
Normally I have themes, plans, special meals and activities planned.  Nope.... not this year.  I had a rough outline in my mind.  I had a few workbooks that I thought he could do a page from each.  We worked on Grammar with an online program I am reviewing and we did reading time together.  Besides those few things I had him outside for 30 minutes or so.  
Monday was a wash, nothing was accomplished at all.  But, Tuesday-Friday he was enthusiastic and on board, I even got him to bathe.  I know... it's like Christmas came early.  Next week is a holiday weekend so I know things will be thrown off and we pick up Mahala's puppy in training.  Since we have all that I am doing the same thing, just a few things each day....nothing too drastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment