3.20.2018

Home School In The Woods ~ REVIEW

I'm so happy how this next Review went for us.  I'll be honest most of the time it is hard to get Kaden to work consistently every single day.  Forget about just having good days, most often then not we only have a few good hours here and there.  What I have found is that short lessons and unit studies work best for him.  Gone are the days with my older kiddos where we could plow through days and days on the same subject with positive results.  With Kaden small bites are easier to swallow.  And with Home School In The Woods that is made possible.  We have used many things from them over the years, but the past few weeks we have tried something different from them. 

We were able to download and use 2 products from their Á La Carte section.  Everything is easily to navigate and well organized.  They offer all kinds of extras to supplement your kiddos learning experience.  They have timelines, folder games and projects, newspapers, lapbooks and even cool 3D projects. 


Browsing through everything it was like dropping off a kid at a candy store.  But, based on what we have been studying recently I settled on the New Figures of the 20th and 21st Century and the Art Gallery File Folder Game.  Both of these were a lot of fun.  They came to us in a convenient PDF file.  It was all easy to print and use.  First we printed everything and my printer was made just after the wheel was invented so it's not the best quality, but that's ok.  We first worked on the New Figures.  Kaden enjoyed reading every single one. 


Many of them he was not aware of like when the Chilean Miners were rescued and the World’s First Space Tourist to name a few.  I thought it was awesome that there were two sizes included in the download, notebook size and wall.  These are great for lapbooking, unit studies, times lines, games...tons of possibilities.  We decided to use it as a time line.  Normally I could see us using this for notebooking.  And I did double print them for that reason.  Many of the figures I plan to do a more in depth study this summer.  So, we will include them there with all we learn.

The next item we received was the Art Gallery File Folder GameThis was wonderful, I wished like crazy that I had a color printer for this.  The photos were so gorgeous I do plan on having them done in color this summer to further our Art notebooking unit we have been working on all year.  This took minimal supplies, just scissors, glue and 2 file folders.  Instructions were easy to follow and I think it turned out lovely!!!!  There are a few different ways to play, I like that it can be customized per your student's ability. 

We decided to use one set as a memory game, so we really made it into two games.  The Artists were Van Gogh, Rembrandt, Monet and many others.  Each piece tells you the Artist, the official name, year created and the type of art.  We have played a few times and it's convenient that everything closes right up in the folder.  I plan to purchase more of these and keep them in a cubby by Kaden's desk to get out whenever we need a break from lessons.  I'm looking to add the Mercenary Madness! File Folder Game, Pirate Panoply Game and the Merchant Marauder File Folder Game.


I think it's pretty obvious that all Home School In The Woods products work very well with our family.  There are so many products to choose from and from what we have personally used over the years they offer high quality products at an affordable price.  I urge you to Connect with them today on Social Media.
Twitter   
Pinterest            Google+   
Youtube   
 
Crew Disclaimer

À La Carte Projects - Individual projects designed to enhance your studies! {Home School in the Woods Reviews}

No comments:

Post a Comment