8.08.2017

Greek 'n' Stuff ~ REVIEW


Back in June we were able to start using the Hey, Andrew! Teach Me Some Greek! Level 3 set from Greek 'n' Stuff.  Yes, I know I am not the best and learning new languages...but, what caught my attention honestly was the title of the curriculum.  It's totally something I would have come up with, with the exception to maybe one more exclamation mark and a crazy emoji face.  But let's get serious here for a minute while I share our little Greek journey.



Happy mail day came and Kaden was pretty disappointed it wasn't for him, but we choose to work through the Level 3 set and it's recommended for older kids and adults.  So, that means Mahala and I will give this a shot.  The do have a level for younger kiddos, so you can go check that out if your kiddo it in lower elementary.  What we received was a spiral bound workbook along with a separate spiral bound Answer Key.  I love how simple it is to use the Answer Key, it's just like the kid's workbook, but filled in with the correct answers.  Very easy to read and follow right along with your student.  Inside it offers plenty of teaching tips and schedule for the 36 lessons.  In the back located in the Appendix is loads of extras from Bible copy work, flashcards, glossaries and more.  We also received a Pronunciation CD for this and the next level!!  

 

I liked that it was a full years worth of lessons and we pretty much took our time and stuck with the schedule, except we took a little longer on the alphabet.  I have to be honest that Mahala picked up on this a lot faster then I did....I am a little bit older.  But, it is fun to do along with her and has given us a lot to bond and giggle over.  Mahala said her favorite part was being able to learn Greek in a Biblical way.  Before we tried Greek it was a little overwhelming, but this was a great beginning for her.  And since starting she has decided to learn further once she is done with this program and maybe even give Latin a try.  I personally think that this program is approachable and less overwhelming then some I have seen in the past.  I most definitely would recommend this to any family looking at expanding their foreign language.  We have even thought about including it in our weekly family meeting to learn all together. 
 
Make sure you reach out and Connect with the fine folks of Greek 'n' Stuff on Social Media today!!
Facebook         Facebook Group 
Twitter   
Pinterest   
Instagram

 Crew Disclaimer
Teach Me Some Greek {Greek 'n' Stuff Reviews}

No comments:

Post a Comment