12.19.2016

When Jesus Was a Green-Eyed Brunette ~ REVIEW


I love a great book just about any time of the year, but during the cold winter months it's even better.  You get to grab a toasty beverage, slap on some fuzzy socks and curl up with your favorite blanket and get lost within the pages of your book.  I recently was given the opportunity to Review When Jesus was a Green-Eyed Burnette written by Max Davis from FlyBy Promotions.  Honestly it was the
title that caught my attention from the moment I read it.  It grabbed more than my attention once it was in my little hands... the Author's story grabbed my heart.  The copy I received was a smooth cover paperback with the title raised with a  cool gritty texture to it. 

Max Davis has written more that 20 books, has been featured in USA Today and Publisher's Weekly.   He's even been on programs like The Today Show and The 700 Club.  I didn't know what to expect when I first started to read his book, but if I needed to sum up this book in one Word I would say that it is Spiritually Charged... okay, that's two words.  I was thinking it was going to be a feel good story or a Humorous little book, instead I was challenged, reminded of whose I am and even felt a Kinship with the Author while reading his Journey To and Through Christ.

Don't get me wrong, there are some comical moments scattered throughout as you journey along with him through some of his childhood, teen years and beyond.  But, what stood out to me more was the sincerity and humbleness you get to peek into as he begins this wild relationship with our Lord.  The Conversations, Experiences and Miracles that the Author was able to have with our Heavenly Father was breathtaking.  And some of the experiences of other people he shared were jaw dropping.  Trust me, when you read them you will know God has a presence here on earth.

I Love how he wrote that he thought he was writing books for him and for others, but that God was using his writing as a process to Grow and Fortify his Faith..... and I personally believe the Faith of others and his readers too.  This hit me, because I have been writing a book because God asked me to write "His" story....after reading this book I believe even more that what I feel and hear is real.  Reading the personal accounts of Max and many others he has interviewed sent the little hairs on the back of my neck up.  I feel this book is filled with Miracles, Encouragement and an open invitation to Connect with who God as designed You to be.

If you are looking for a watered down book speaking about Christianity then this is not the book for you.  But, if you are even the least bit curious about how God can and has moved in numerous people's lives then pick up a copy today.  If you want to experience a tugging on your heart as you read and examine the ways God has and is going to shape your life....this book needs to be on your shelf ASAP.   I see this on my list of Must Read for all my Friends and Family.....I enjoy that this book was written in a way that young, old, man or woman could sit down and get lost in the pages for hours.  I highly Recommend this little treasure, let me know what you think after you get a copy and start reading.  You can Enter Below to WIN a FREE Copy today!! :)


 
"Disclosure (in accordance with the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the
Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”): Many thanks to Propeller Consulting, LLC for providing this prize for the giveaway. Choice of winners and opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation. I did receive a sample of the product in exchange for this review and post. Only one entrant per mailing address, per giveaway.  If you have won a prize from our sponsor Propeller / FlyBy Promotions in the last 30 days, you are not eligible to win.  Or if you have won the same prize on another blog, you are not eligible to win it again. Winner is subject to eligibility verification.”

No comments:

Post a Comment