2.18.2016

US Elections Lap-Pak ~ REVIEW

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb374/TOSCrew2011/2016%20TOS%20Crew/02-17%20Home%20School%20in%20the%20Woods/HSitW-LOGO-3x3_300dpi_zpstpdbhfsu.jpg 



Oh the Rainy weather has put a little damper on our School Time the past few weeks.  Luckily, I have been given the opportunity to Review HISTORY Through the Ages Hands-on History Lap-Pak: U.S. Elections by Home School in the Woods.  I'm totally excited to do this with the kids for three reasons....one because we know Nothing about the topic, two because my kids do really well with Unit Studies or Topic Teaching and three it's an Election Year.  I was going to do the study with both Mahala and Kaden, because it is intended for grades 3-8.  But in the end it was just Mahala who stuck with it till the end of the Review period.  I received the downloadable version that's normally $18.95, but you can also get the CD version for just $19.95.


So, once I downloaded everything I spent a good 45 minutes going through each of the folders filled with everything I would need minus the glue, paper and scissors. ;)  It was very organized and easy to access, even though it did take me a few times back tracking to get the right print outs for each section.  But, I am extremely technically challenged!!!  I made the mistake of printing EVERYTHING at once and kind of had a mess on my hands.  My advice to you is to read the Directions first and get a game plan going before you hit print ALL.
You have the option to personally read the Reading Booklet yourself or have it read aloud to you.  We enjoy audibles, so we decided to use that method.  Which was great because we colored, cut and filled in all the info while we listened.  I thought Kaden who is 9 would possibly be into this, because it's a "project" and History related, but I was wrong.  And in order to keep the peace he decided to just listen and read the inserts once we placed it in....at least it was something.  Mahala on the other hand was very eager because she hasn't taken Government yet and is excited to learn something she knows absolutely nothing about.
After we completely listened to all of the reading once we went back to the beginning and reread as we began placing all the elements into our lap book.  This helped concrete what we heard earlier and kind of connect some dots that we might have missed on the first go around.  Each section was easy to cut and assemble correctly.  We all agreed that the facts and points that were made into little flaps and booklets were very informative.  Honestly we all learned a lot and the whole process was enjoyable and well worth the money for all that you get.
 
So, what did I think about HISTORY Through the Ages Hands-on History Lap-Pak: U.S. Elections?  We Loved it and for many reasons.  Mostly because we had a fun time doing the little projects together.  Mahala said this needs to happen more often, so I think that's a good sign.  It proves it doesn't matter how old your Kiddos are, lap books can be a great addition to your homeschool. :)  I was thankful that even though we had the flexibility to complete the Lap-Pak how we wanted, the instructions were provided and made it easy to use.  It did take some extra pre-planning.  And that's not always easy for someone like me who kind of flies by the seat of my pants....but, it worked well for us and we didn't have to buy anything extra because we had all the supplies needed already.  Mahala also said that it was nice that the lessons were fairly short, 15 minutes or so.  We did usually do at least 3 a day, but she is older.  And even though Kaden didn't physically participate he did enjoy the readings.  So, it was great that it had a variety of ways to learn and participate.

Would we buy this product?  I would definitely purchase other Lap-Paks from them.  For the Quality Product you get....it's worth every penny and then some.  Make sure you connect with Home School in the Woods through Social Media TODAY!
U.S. Elections History Lap-Pak  Review

No comments:

Post a Comment