6.04.2015

The Book of Ancient Romans~ REVIEW




http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb374/TOSCrew2011/-2015%20CREW/mp_header_zpsjestdz6m.jpg





We love History around here.  It wasn't always like that though.....It took a lot of fun exploring deeper into the lives of people from the past and several independent projects and lap books, but I can certainly say we enjoy History a lot in our home.  Several weeks ago I was blessed with the opportunity to Review The book of Ancient Romans, originally written by Dorthy Mills and Edited by Memoria Press.  We received a Beautiful Textbook, a Student Guide and Teachers Guide. (All 3 pieces~ $39.95 and is suggested to use with Kiddos in 6th-9th grade)

I was thrilled to see that the text book reads just like a story.  I love this way of teaching, I think that kids retain more and are able to relate to it better then staring at a list of dates and facts.  So, this was very appealing to our Family.  If you have a student that's reluctant to learn History or who loves a good action story this is for them.  They will learn all kinds of knowledge regarding the Ancient Romans, along with some hidden gems that you probably had never heard of. :)  The Textbook has a sturdy cover, my kids spent several minutes rubbing their hands across it, because they said it was so soft and smooth.....I agreed with them.


http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb374/TOSCrew2011/-2015%20CREW/Book-of-the-Ancient-Romans_zpsp9dro2jj.pngThe Student Guide is very simple, not all junked up with extra, unneeded pizazz and very to the point.  My kids eat that up, they are not bells and whistle kind of people.  It starts out each chapter with Facts to Know and Vocabulary.  What we did here is we did this part first before we would read.  We worked through this program 3 times a week.  So, the first day we did that and then on Wednesday we would Read and complete the comprehension questions.  Towards the end of the week we would complete the extra Activities they listed.  This is a great way to wrap up your week and add some fun into your school week.  Through out the program you will have Reviews and Drawing Pages.  We LOVED doing the Drawing pages.  I wished I had some to share, but right now we are at Disney and I can't get access to my pics.  When I get home next week, I'll edit and add them.

What I truly Loved about the Teacher's Guide is that it is sooooooo simple to use and it's fool proof as far as using it for grading and checking your Kiddo's work.  I have used programs in the past that lists just answers and are so confusing to keep track of where you are and what you are actually grading.  I'm thrilled to say that you will not have that problem here.  The Teacher's Guide is simply just like the Students, except with the answers written out right underneath the questions asked.  Super simple and easy.....can't ask for anything better! :)
So, would I use this program again or with my other Kiddos.  Well, yes I would.  I already have my little guy looking at it in his free time.  I will continue the rest of the book and will use it with Kaden.  There are many other programs to look at too with Memoria Press, you should check them all out!  Let me know what you think, I just know that you too will think this is an affordable History course that will make teaching History even more enjoyable then ever.


Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/memoriapress      

Twitter:
https://twitter.com/MemoriaPress





Crew Disclaimer

Memoria Press Review

No comments:

Post a Comment