Cricket Legs

I just finished the last balloon. Now I have to wait until she is completely asleep before I can creep into her room and release them into her room. I wrote something sweet and special on each of them, I know she will be sooooo surprised. After presents I will make her traditional mickey mouse pancakes. I swear, she will never out grow this tradition. She will be 30 years old and I will knock on her front door with a plate full of mickey mouse pancakes. And you know what....I would do it in a heart beat and enjoy every minute of it. I truly love to go out of my way to make each of my kids feel special and loved.
Another thing we do every year is do a play by play of the last day Mahala was in my belly. I know it's crazy, but we do. Like this time 9 years ago I was walking the parking garage at the hospital. What is that I hear? You would like to hear all the details too?
Short and sweat version I'm sure.
I was ready to pop and with having some small health issues we thought Nov.8th was the day. After going to the Dr. and being prescribed walking until the contractions hurt they finally admitted me. It was around midnight when meds began running through my veins and the pain ran through my belly and down my legs. What had I got myself into?????
My Dr. had been at the hospital for nearly 2 days already so after coming in to see me she told me she was going to take a nap but that she was a call away. Okay, I'll be right here wanting to claw my loving Thanh's eyes out.
The most vivid thing about Mahala's big debut is the urge I had to be on my side and moving my leg up and down crazily. Kind of like a cricket, I swear it was totally involuntary. Thanh still will make fun of me for this. Whatever! After her nap she came in for another looksie. This time she was concerned about my blood pressure, but thought there was still time before the Big Show to happen. So she was going to take a shower and grab a bite to eat.
My leg was just a going and my belly pain was so intense. I kept saying that I had changed my mind, I couldn't do it anymore. Too bad, this was it. I told Thanh to get the Dr. it was time. The nurse came in and told me that there was no way it was time. That the Dr. had just checked me. After a few maybe not so Nice words I convinced her to check me. The leg was moving like wildfire and the burn in my belly was way beyond any pain I could ever imagine. The not so nice nurse spread my cricket legs open and there was no need to even check my dilation. Mahala was there ready to make her debut. Stubborn little thing said she was going to come out when she was ready and that time was now. The nurse yelled for back up and for someone to find the Dr. How funny that I, the mother was right. LOL The show was on & the Director was gone to take a shower. It took 4 people to hold my cricket legs down. HA HA Through the, I can't do this screams I saw the Dr. She was soaked, water dripping down her face. Her scrubs stuck to her thin body, but she looked like an angel.
Mahala cried beautifully at 6:04 am Nov.9th. The most beautiful sight for my sore eyes. When she came barreling out my placenta broke so the Dr. looked up at me and said,"this is going to hurt worse then birthing your baby girl. But, I have to do this." I remember thinking, what is she going to do to me. Well, one minute she was down at my feet and the next we were eye to eye. She reached into my already on fire vajay-jay all the way to her elbow and scraped all the placenta and whatever else out of me. She did it twice because if any would have been left it could have been very dangerous. It was over and now it was time to heal and see my sweet baby girl.
So, that was how she came in to my world, Thank You Lord for giving her to me.

1 comment:

  1. that was so beautiful - I had a soft smile while reading - happy birthday to your beautiful baby girl!
    Love the pancakes and balloons!!!