9.27.2017

My Gardening Buddy


I never was one to garden, I couldn't even keep cactus alive.  I loved the idea of planting and having a garden, but it wasn't really in me.  Or so I thought...to be honest the problem was that I didn't take the time to slow down and actually have a garden.  You can't just throw seeds in the ground and boom be done.  It takes care, tending, hoping, loving and protecting. 
 
I think having a garden changes a person, allows them to slow the whirling thoughts and focusing on the here and now.  Over the past few years I have tried to live more intentionally and not just devouring all the hours and minutes with mindless activities.  

This is what I want to pass down to my kids, especially Kaden who struggles with fits of rage every single day.  And I see the automatic change in him when he is out in the garden. I Love It!!  I Love watching him pluck off dead leaves, watering and even encouraging the little fellas lagging behind in growth.  


The number 1 thing I think all children should have in their lives is a garden.  Every single day Kaden is out there in the gardening tending to it, he simply must.  He knows that the health of the plants depend on him and in return he gets to have beautiful flowers and yummy fruits and veggies. Oh, and the occasional insect friend. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment