11.08.2018

Day by Day Through the Gospel of John~ Review


Let me be honest, I literally wanted to get this book just so I could see how someone could truly take a year and devote it totally to the book of John.  This book wowed me with each of it's 365 devotions that progressively worked through the Gospel of John.  

Each day started with verses from John and followed with a portion of a study or sermon from Biblical teachers and writers like Charles Spurgeon and Alexander Maclaren as well as George MacDonald, John Wesley, Charles Finney, Catherine Booth and many many more.
I have tons of different devotionals that a cycle through depending on what season in life I find myself in.  This one was definitely different then others I have read before.  I usually go for a lighter, encouraging, mother's heart, down in the trenches type or one that is more soul searching and thought provoking.  This one I felt gave me the depth in a devotional that I was craving around this time of the year.  I know this will be one I reach for time and time again.  Even though the passages were fairly short it did require a lot of contemplation and investment.  I have highlighted and even researched further from some of my daily reads just to grasp it even deeper.  This is a meaty devotional and a must have for anyone who enjoys an in-depth study of God's word.

No comments:

Post a Comment