2.04.2017

I'm Going To Give You A Bear Hug! ~ REVIEW

Do you have little kiddos or slightly older ones that you might want to cozy up to and enjoy a heartwarming moment with?  I can say yes to both of those and I had a special surprise come in the mail the other day to help me create a little walk down memory lane.  I have always read to my kiddos, it's been a special bonding we have all shared together.  But, as they get older they tend to read more on their own.  At least that's what happened with my oldest.  My middle child I have tried to hold onto it longer and Kaden is just stuck with me for life reading with him.  :)

The other day a new book to Review arrived called, I'm Going To Give You A Bear Hug! published by Zonderkidz.  I was given the opportunity through FlyBy Promotions and I was so excited to tear into it.  But, I waited for Kaden to get home just to see his reaction.  Background story for those of you who do not know he has Autism and doesn't freely give out hugs, affection or even pats on the back.  His first reaction was this is a kiddie book and rightly so it is geared for kiddos 4-8 and he reads at a high school level.  But, I asked him and his 16 year old sister to gather on the couch and let's read it together.  Grumblings aside he agreed and Mahala was already snuggled up on the couch with her throw blanket.


My first impression of this precious book is that it is so Beautifully Illustrated right off the bat with the sweetest book jacket.  The first and last few pages were covered in Bear paw prints.....and yes Kaden counted them all, at least he tried to.  I appreciate the quality of the thicker pages, less likely to tear with little hands turning them.  The Author, Caroline B. Cooney shares that this story was based off of a verse she had written a long time ago for her now grown children.

The story begins with a little boy running to his Mom saying,  
  "I'm going to give you a bear hug. 
A show you how much I care hug.  
A good night, 
Sleep tight, 
Way beyond compare hug."
So cute and the words just flow...I found we would end up reading out loud together.  It brought out a playful side of Kaden that I don't normally see freely, so it was magical.  We have read this book at least 30 times in the past few weeks.  We keep it downstairs beside the couch and I have found him just flipping through the pages reading to himself.  Another sweet excerpt from the book is, 
"I'm going to give you a horse hug.
A grab the mane,
Race through the rain,
Yes oh yes, of course hug."

And at the end of this sweet little boy's hugging adventures you see him getting all tucked in bed ready for sweet dreams.   These illustrations are warm and touching thanks to the mighty talented Illustrator, Tim Warnes.

 I Love this book, it would make a great addition to any family's library.  I'm thinking this would be a perfect baby shower or birthday gift.  This would work as a Valentine or would look great in an Easter basket.  Another sweet idea would be to have your kiddo give it to their Mom or Grandma for Mother's Day coming up.  And let's not forget Dad's and Grandpas need hugs on their Special day too. 

Be sure to check out what's going on with Social Media....
Facebook






“Disclosure (in accordance with the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255:  “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”):  Many thanks to Propeller Consulting, LLC for providing this prize for the giveaway.  Choice of winners and opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation.  I did receive a sample of the product in exchange for this review and post.

Only one entrant per mailing address, per giveaway.  If you have won a prize from our sponsor Propeller /FlyBy Promotions in the last 30 days on the same blog, you are not eligible to win.  Or if you have won the same prize on another blog, you are not eligible to win it again.  Winner is subject to eligibility verification.

No comments:

Post a Comment