1.22.2017

Spring Rolls Anytime!!




I love Vietnamese Food!  When I first met my Hubby I didn't know the difference between it from any other Asian Cuisine.  Boy, am I a lucky girl..... to have many dinner choices in my recipe box!  
When I think of Vietnamese Food I think of Fresh, Simple Food.
One of my Favorite recipes that my Husband's Family enjoys is a perfect choice for the Summer time.  Yummy Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce.  But, I enjoy them in the Winter time with a nice bowl of broth soup.

All you need to have is some Rice Paper and Rice Vermicelli noodles.  Both can be found in Asian Markets and most Local Grocery Stores.


As for all the Goodies inside your rolls you need lot's of Fresh ingredients.... Dark Green lettuce, we use Romain, lots of Fresh sprigs of Mint and Cilantro.  Cilantro is my FAVORITE!!!!!  Also, you will need to slice some Cucumbers thinly and Carrots.  On this particular day I did not have carrots to use. :(  This Recipe does require a lot of Prep work, but in the end it will be worth all the chopping.

Now, as far as which protein to use, the sky is really the limit.  We almost always have Shrimp cut in half.  But, we pair it up with Roasted Chicken or Seared Beef.  This particular time we used Shrimp and Pork.  The main thing to REMEMBER is to slice it as thin as possible.  That way when you layer your ingredients on top of your Rice Paper it will stack nicely.
 


Okay, so here is what YOU do......First, take your round Rice Paper and dip it into a WARM bowl of water.  Carefully rotate it to make sure it is evenly wet.  Probably about 1 full minute in the water or bit less.  This is what takes it from a Hard Shrinky Dink Type Paper to a soft, wrap-able Circle.  :D  Lay it down on your plate, it may still be a tad hard, especially around the edges.  Then you place some Lettuce, Mint, Cilantro and Cucumbers in a straight line....kind of like your making a Burrito!  Then take a Pinch of noodles.  My Kiddos like a lot of Noodles!  I like more of the Veggies. 
Next, grab your Protein of choice.  I normally put 2 or 3 pieces of shrimp....which would equal 1-1 and 1/2 Shrimp and 2-3 slices of the other Protein.  Then I'm  all set to WRAP it Up!!  Fold the Short sides up and Tightly Roll, just like a Burrito.  Remember the Wrap is stretchy, so pull gently, but tight enough so that your Roll is not Sloppy!!


I Love to Dip mine in Peanut Sauce.  Which is made from Hoisen sauce, Peanut Butter, Soy Sauce and CoCo Ricco.  If you want the Full recipe you will need to look it up or email me.  I am bad about Measurements.  HAHAHAHA 

Enjoy Your Spring Rolls!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment