3.29.2016

Night Time Nourishment for My Soul

Some people have Morning routines and that’s great…I on the other hand can’t seem to remember my own name until at least 11am, therefore I have an Evening Routine.  Every single night I repair and nourish myself.  For me I need this...crave this time.  It calms me and prepares me for a new day. 

This is all new to me….before Discovering my Husband's addiction I was always running around like a crazy person trying to concoct this perfect home for my Husband to try and gain his attention.  Did it ever work?  What do you think?  Now I understand the love bank properly.  I have many banks…one for my Kids, my Amazing Husband, Myself and most importantly my Spiritual bank with My Lord and Savior.


For years I put my Husband's needs 1st and since Discovery I have learned that my eyes needed to be turned to the Lord and everything else will fall into place.  So, after I put my youngest to bed I sit in a little corner of our bedroom with this huge silver basket I bought from Target last year.  It’s filled with many journals I have going on all at once.  I have one I write to my Daughter, one that’s my Mad/Sad journal….If you have watched the movie HOME you’ll probably understand that better then if you haven’t.  I have one that is for my personal health journey that I write my food, exercise and anything regarding my health.  I have a scripture and prayer journal and finally I have a plain daily diary of sorts.  Please don’t feel like you need to run out and start journaling hours a day.  It is something that I’ve done for years and brings me comfort and relief.  It also helps me clear my mind of thoughts and ideas, worries and to-do lists.  In my basket I have my Bible, Celebrate Recovery workbooks, our Marriage class workbook, a few random books and a devotional. 

Every night no matter what I sit there and spend at least an hour there Reading, Writing, Praying and Meditating.  It's the best thing I could do for myself as a Mother and Wife.  What do you do each day to give back to yourself and reconnect with God.  What gives you Joy, Peace and Nourishes your Soul?

No comments:

Post a Comment