4.27.2013

Manic Mom's Kids Speak Spanish


Picture 

I have to start my review of Spanish for You! with a back story.  It is a story that my Family has yet to let me forget about and when they found out I was asked to Review this Spanish Curriculum they expressed their condolences for Debbie Annett and her Spanish Curriculum.  Okay, now for the back story....  In college, I needed a foreign language and there was a Spanish class open at the perfect time between my other classes.  The teacher was amazing....I loved him.  We had themed lunches, outings as a class and the lectures were never boring.  The only problem was that I could never seem to pass the class.  I took it not once or twice, but threeeeeeeeee times. 
Close to the end of the 3rd semester my Spanish Teacher took me out to lunch and said that maybe I should give Spanish a rest.  He loved me in his class and could see I was trying, but knowing two languages is not for everyone.  I mean who has that said to them!  Only me, HAHAHAHAHA

My Sweet Family has never let me forget that.  And when I brought up the review they kind of laughed about it and I was a little intimidated.  I know it sounds silly, but I was.  I wasn't sure how this was all going to go down.  To my SURPRISE though after getting everything organized, cut, printed and put into folders it seemed doable.

Kaden who is 6 and 13 year old Mahala Boo did it with me.  Yes, I took the challenge on myself because I figured even though it's geared for 3rd-8th grade I probably fall into that category. :)  After the 1st lesson we were all excited with our handful of new words we had learned.  By the 2nd week I had recalled things I remembered back in college.  I was planing on just doing it 2 days a week, but the kids were so into it that we ended up doing a lesson just about every single day, even on the weekend.  The kids LOVED the artwork and hearing the audio clips in both non and native tongue.  I loved the playful and simple approach.  I was not intimidated teaching it even with my bad experience in college.  The kids also enjoyed doing the extra Activities and Games that you can find Here.

My kids are sad that we have went through the whole book almost and are dying to get their hands on the next one.  So, you don''t have to wonder at all if we will continue this program.  Because the answer is Yes!!
                                
Spanish for You! is for kids in 3rd-8th grade, but my Kaden is 6 and Loving it.  This Program is designed to effectively build speaking, reading, and writing skills as well as grammar knowledge. And your Kiddos will have fun while doing it!!  Here are some Highlights:
  • Self-study, family, or class use
  • Affordable - an effective, quality program to last an entire school year at a price you cannot beat!
  • Flexible - Go at your own pace.
  • Easy to use - Just follow the lesson guide & go!
  • Time Saving (and More Money Saving) - Use one package with students of multiple grades at the same time.
  • Fun - Uses simple games and activities to engage students
To purchase your very own Spanish for You! Curriculum click right Here!   You will not be disappointed, you will only become Bilingual....and that's the point!  :)  Debbie Annett is so Amazing and thoughtful that she even offers Free Mini lessons and Worksheets on her website.  Thank You Debbie!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment