9.24.2018

Letting your Light Shine

Here s a verse that has been on my heart and mind......

*Matthew 5:14-16 “You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.”


A city on a hill cannot be hidden.... that is so true, and who lights a lamp to only cover it up under a bowl?  Makes absolutely no sense to me.  And yet I do it, I make a choice every single day.  Most days I'm not proud of my choices.  I have to ask myself...who is my flame representing when I speak to my family?  Who do I illuminate on social media?  What are my efforts for in this life?  Unstable fame and recognition here on earth or everlasting companionship and life in the hereafter?  It's a no brainier to me in theory, but It's the commitment and the action that makes my human side crumble in defeat most days.  Which is why every single day I have to set my intention, my heart and my mind on letting my light shine for the Lord.  Each day is a new chance to do better then the day before.
Who does your light shine for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment