6.12.2018

ARTistic Pursuits Inc. ~ REVIEW

http://schoolhousereviewcrew.com/wp-content/uploads/Volume-3-Art-For-Children.jpg 
Awhile back I was introduced to ARTistic Pursuits Inc.  And have used a few of their courses and have enjoyed them all.  Recently, I was able to get my crafty hands on Art of the Middle Ages, which is Volume 3 of their New ARTistic Pursuits Art Instruction Books with DVD and Blu-Ray series.








 



Here is a list of the Volumes within the Series-
Volume 1:  Art for Children, Building a Visual Vocabulary
Volume 2:  Art of the Ancients
Volume 3:  Art of the Middle Ages
Volume 4:  Artists that Shaped the Italian Renaissance
Volume 5:  Art of the Northern Countries, Renaissance to Realism
Volume 6:  Art of the Impressionists
Volume 7:  Art of the Modern Age (coming soon)
Volume 8:  Art in America (coming soon)

This new series is designed for the early school years, grades K-3.  You can go from volume 1 and so forth or pick up wherever you would like.  Since Kaden is on the older end of this age bracket I felt like I could slip forward to the Middle Ages.  If I had younger kiddos or was just starting out with structured Art time I would suggest starting with the first volume.  Each volume is a vibrant hardbound cover with a plastic pouch attached to the inside cover that stores Blu-Ray and DVD.  I can't tell you enough how helpful that alone is in keeping the discs and book together. :)  In this volume there are 18 very fun projects along with beautiful master works in the 12 text lessons and 6 video lessons that feature Art material instruction.
What I love the most about this series is that it works for a range of kiddos and learning abilities.  The video instruction is so nice for us parents, but I loved when Kaden would rewind and replay if he missed something or pause while he ran for another sheet of paper or to get more glue.  It made it more independent based for him to watch and then I helped with the projects.  We definitely skipped around a little bit.  He is 11 and had a lot of opinions on which to do first.  Even though this program is for younger kiddos he still struggled and needed assistance.   


Lesson 17 was Kaden's favorite, Art in Windows.  Learning how glassmakers made beautiful stained glass windows was a treat.  We learned the process of creating and building this Art I know I take for granted when I see it at church or in the community.  Since making he has also made additional pieces with geometry tiles and play dough just for fun.  I see a whole sliding glass door full of these in our near future.



Another favorite was Lesson 4...Mosaics.  We had learned about this type of art before in History and even have a few projects that use  reusable tiles to create pictures.  Kaden and I collected paper and I cut the little squares.  He decided to make a huge pumpkin and a dessert we like making while camping.  A banana stuffed with marshmallows and chocolate chips.

A few other projects we did was a cross between two of the lessons.  He wanted to make a small shield from lesson 14, but he liked the look of the iconography from lesson 16.  So, we mixed them and he ended up being influenced by the stained glass windows as you can see how it resembles one.  But, hey...he was happy, productive and was genuinely interested in what he was learning.  Win-Win in my book.
There are many other outstanding projects that include weaving, statue making, book binding, stitchery and more.  We have so much to look forward to throughout the summer with this Art Program.  
http://schoolhousereviewcrew.com/wp-content/uploads/1700_logo_inshomed_prgrm-ad_v01.jpg

So, what did I think?  This is fantastic, a true gem that I would not want to live without.  I love that it's a slim, hardback book that makes it easy to tote, bring to co op or a friend's house to craft together.  The projects use easy to get products and the lessons are organized and easy to follow.  I look forward to owning all of them some day....I have to because these are going to nurture creativity throughout my family for generations to come.  You really should look into these to go along with your History studies, unit studies, weekend projects and group crafting.  Make sure you head on over to Facebook and Connect with ARTistic Pursuits Inc. today.
 
Crew Disclaimer
Artistic Pursuits Full Video Lesson Grades K-3 {ARTistic Pursuits Reviews}

No comments:

Post a Comment