4.20.2018

The Painted Art Journal ~ REVIEW


Wow, I literally read the entire book in one whole day. I was so inspired, motivated and driven to create the most beautiful projects Jeanne shares throughout the book. This is something you could leave out on the coffee table and be inspired from frequently. 
I loved the way she shared not just the projects, but the stories behind them...her reason and why. I enjoyed getting to know her and her passion. I took notes, snapped some photos for quick reference and started on my own projects inspired from the book. I loved how there were pictures of the progression of each project too. It makes following along with her much easier.
I learned many techniques and proper wordage, but I think the thing that smacked me hard was the freedom that we have as Artists. There are no "rules", we set the scene, we carry the emotion that comes out of us into whatever medium we choose. 
I recommend if you are new to the world of creating to pick up this book. I have been painting for years and have kept Bible journals and personal journals my whole life and I still was mesmerized by the work in this book. If you are in a stale place and need some inspiration, Jeanne has you covered. She even offers Art Prompts at the back of the book. In my opinion just seeing her work through her own journals is so inspiring....the photography is gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment