4.18.2018

Help Teaching Pro ~ REVIEW

http://schoolhousereviewcrew.com/wp-content/uploads/high-school-science.pnghttp://schoolhousereviewcrew.com/wp-content/uploads/elementary-science.png 



I was thrilled to get another chance to Review Help Teaching Pro from HelpTeaching.com these past several weeks.  Since Mahala is in her last few months of schooling I decided to hunt for things for her to do first.  And of course it was easy to find lessons and worksheets for Kaden too  Let me share what we did this time and if you want to check out one of my last Reviews for HelpTeaching.com you can do that HERE.
Some of the Life Skills Options


We utilize many forms of educational resources in our house.  Always number one for me is books, I love all books and nothing will ever quench the excitement that comes with flipping through hundreds of pages spread out on our living room floor will researching any given topic.  But, this day and age the internet has come into my view and I accept that it does have it's place.  Much is like having stacks and stacks of resources on various subjects.  I don't know about you, but that has never been the case for me.  Which is why having access to Help Teaching Pro for the next year is absolutely magical, because I don't need stacks of resources.  At my fingertips this online program provides both educators and parents with extra educational resources with thousands of lessons, worksheets, activities and tests.  There are many subjects to choose from like social studies, English/language arts, vocational studies, life skills, art/music, math, study skills/strategies, science and physical education.  And let me not forget to mention all of this is not just one grade level....I'm talking they offer this goodness from PreK-12 grade.  Can you tell I'm excited?  It just makes my life easier and when you are a Special Needs parent, most of the time you need just that to keep you from going crazy. 
 

There are so many services offered like printable worksheets/answer sheets, practice skills sheets, pre-made quiz and tests.   Also there is an area to create your own tests, word searches and other printable fun.  I'll be honest I did not use the test maker or create my own word searches yet.  But, this summer I was talking to Hubby about making a word search with attractions and sightseeing words to give the kids on the way home from each of our RV trips.  The main thing we used was for Kaden the Life Skills was enormously helpful.  He has had a rough few weeks so we did most of these orally.  What we did for instance with this one worksheet above about Dental Hygiene I did like a pretest to see what he thought was correct.  And then we read a few readers on teeth brushing and watched a video.  Having the worksheet provided by HelpTeaching.com rounded out the short unit lesson.  I like being able to pull books I already have along with a video here and there and button it up with a quiz or activity.


A lot of Kaden's Autism  behaviors stem from stress, he becomes overwhelmed by sometimes the most ordinary thing.  I was surprised but impressed to find a worksheet about stress management.  We worked through this worksheet together over 2  different conversations.  We were able to figure out most of the answers just my talking about them together.  It was kind of like swapping war stories, but it was a great experience.


Another fun thing that I did with him since he has been so into Science this year was we went over the Scientific Method as a review and we went over Science and Laboratory Safety,  Mahala is taking Chemistry and he is like a little shadow with plans of lots of experimenting this summer. 





Mahala wanted to get in on all the fun too.  Since she starts college next year and has her own business she took a look at the Negotiation skills.  

 
She enjoys Business so we looked for those type of topics and she worked on the Government lessons, SAT words and Chemistry Lessons.  Oh my goodness, so many Chemistry lessons.  And the cool thing is a lot of the videos in the lessons are from Khan Academy which she is very familiar with.  I appreciate that with each lesson you get a heads up about where the video is from so you know what and where your kids are looking at.  We haven't had any issues at all with allowing both kids to use any of the videos, accept YouTube will have ads.
Not even all of the Chemistry Lessons provided.



Both Kaden and Mahala enjoyed these videos with Vocabulary during breakfast several times a week.
Both Mahala and Kaden have been reading a different Biography each month most of this year.  We are trying to not just learn History, but the people behind the History.  We learned about women throughout History, Ann Frank and Julius Cesar so far.  We will be continuing to use this resource during the summer and beyond because there is so much more hidden in this site.  It truly is an enormous Homeschool Mom's blessing. 

http://schoolhousereviewcrew.com/wp-content/uploads/hp-logo-250x250.jpgThere are a lot of things that you can get FREE on this website, but with the Pro Membership so much more is available to make any unit study or lesson complete.  Head over and Connect with HelpTeaching.com on Social Media today.
Facebook
Twitter   
Pinterest



Crew Disclaimer
 
Help Teaching Pro. {HelpTeaching.com Reviews}

No comments:

Post a Comment