2.22.2018

Easy Chicken Chow Fun

 
Yummy Chicken Chow Fun is not something we have often, but when we do....my tummy is very happy.  Well, until the carb coma hits me! :)
We go at least once every other month to our local China Town Markets.  We usually start the day with fresh Dim Sum and end it with various stops for pastries, veggies and special Asian food extras that we can't find at our local grocery store.  One of those items is the chow fun noodles made fresh every single day. 
 
This is what you need.......
Chow Fun rice noodles
1-2 chicken breast ~ Sliced thinly
About 3 Tbsp of Dark soy sauce or Amino Acids
2 tsp of both Sesame oil and Olive oil
2 tsp rice wine
Chinese broccoli for a side
2 garlic cloves minced
3-4 scallions, chopped in chunks 
3 cups bean sprouts
Pepper to taste
Hot chile oil or Siracha (optional)
 
First I put the thinly sliced chicken in a bowl with the marinate.  To make the marinate just mix sesame oil, rice wine, garlic and some of the dark soy sauce or aminos. I usually just let it sit for 30 minutes or so
Once that is finished marinating I toss the chicken with the rest of the oil in my heated wok.  I only cook it for a few minutes being careful not to overcook.  Once cooked then I toss in the noodles, scallions and bean sprouts. 
The Chinese Broccoli is super easy to make.  Just trim the stem and I usually slice it in half.  Sauté in garlic, salt and pepper in olive or avocado oil.  I like them to have a little crunch still and bright color.  I hope this helps, I'm not very good about recipes....writing or using them.  Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment