10.25.2019

A Little Bit of Me Time.....

Have you heard of Self Care?  I had never heard of it before until a few years ago when our Family went through a crisis and my world came to a crashing halt.  That's when I first heard about Self Care.  I learned that it's true what the flight attendant always tells you at the beginning of your flight.  If you don't put the oxygen max on yourself first you wont be able to help your traveling partner beside you that's gasping for breath. 

Every single day I make a point to practice Self Care.  I have this bag I put together filled with lotions, a candle, nail polishes, books, journals, pens, candies, cards with affirmations on them, pictures of Family and I have a list of things to do for myself.  On that list I have meditation, walking, art, writing, facials, hair masks, soak my feet, read, watch a movie alone with Pop Corn, 5-10 minutes of intentional deep breathing, take a bath with essential oils, make up a scrub or oil combination, make a cup of tea or coffee and drink it outside.  There are so many things that you can add to your special list.  I usually take one to two times out of my day to do one of the things mentioned above.  

Some days it may be just lighting a candle, clicking on Spotify and enjoying my morning shower with my favorite podcast playing or drinking my tea outside while deep breathing....the point is to take time for yourself and stop putting everyone's needs before your own. Especially if you are a parent to special needs children or have underlying health issues.  For me it's my Lupus and mental wellness that needs protecting while we ride this parenting autism roller-coaster with Kaden.  I know if I'm not right with myself, I'm not going to be able to be there mentally and emotionally.  

Take some time for yourself this next week and watch the difference it makes.

No comments:

Post a Comment