3.20.2016

You Can Eat It...But Don't Touch!

The other day I made homemade Wonton Soup.  It was so amazingly good, Gordon Ramsey would have asked for 3rds.  I love cooking, it’s who I am, what I do to show my Love and Devotion.  I feed my family three times a day. We cook together sometimes, but I really enjoy working alone and then serving it up family style.  With that said....everyone knows if you touch the stove, fridge, pantry, or even a darn pot holder while I’m cooking I will rough you up!  Please do not come in the kitchen and bug me…..please.  My Hubby used to come in and randomly stir something or turn the temp down.  I’m like what are you doing.  Don’t mess with my area dude.  

 
Now back to the food.  I made lovely soft dough and rolled it out thin enough to make the wonton wrappers.  Then I took ground pork, cabbage, salt, pepper, fresh ginger, soy sauce and scallions.  I rolled it all up into little balls that I then put on a wrapper.  Fold the wrapper to make a triangle and pinch the two long points together.  The soup is just chicken broth, water, rice vinegar, sesame oil with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, plop the wontons in while it boils for 2 minutes then simmer. Cut up a few scallions and cilantro to toss in and there you go. Yummmmmmmmmmmmmy!

No comments:

Post a Comment