3.27.2016

What's Cooking.....

I have struggled with my weight my whole life.  But, it wasn't until my Lupus Diagnosis 14 years ago that the pounds really started to pack on.  I spent over 6 years on Chemotherapy to get my immune system suppressed enough to help me regain some sort of a life.  I've been off of it for almost 3 years now and have been doing a more Natural approach.  I use oils, meditation, prayer and diet to cope with my daily pain and alleviate my joint inflammation.  I also have seen the changes in Kaden when he sticks to our New Lifestyle changes as well.  For our food each week we stick to Low Carbs and High Protein and Non-starchy Veggies.  A lot of my Recipes are from the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook.  I've had people ask me about what we eat....so her is a Glimpse of Our week.



Morning Meals: 
Monday-2 Full Eggs 2 Pork Sausage and Mushrooms with Onions
Tuesday-2 slices of Sprouted Bread with protein spread and SugarFree Jam with Egg Whites scrambled with Veggies
Wednesday-Protein Smoothie with almond milk
Thursday-Greek Yogurt with Berries on top of GF Oatmeal
Friday-3 Egg Omelet stuffed with veggies, sausage and a smidgen of cheese
Saturday-Low Carb Protein Pancakes or Waffles with SF Syrup with fresh berries
Sunday-Protein Smoothie with Coconut Milk

Afternoon Meals:
Monday-Turkey/lettuce Roll Ups (everything in a regular sandwich with out the bread)
Tuesday-Snacky Tray filled with meats, cheeses, nuts, berries
Wednesday-Turkey sandwich with Sprouted bread without mayo or cheese and small salad with lime juice
Thursday-Cobb Salad with everything:chicken, eggs, bacon, tons of veggies.....
Friday-Protein Smoothie with Almond Milk
Saturday-Bunless Hotdogs with Coleslaw and Fruit Salad
Sunday-We usually have our Big meal after Church and then a lighter dinner.  Cajun Salmon with Asparagus and Mushrooms with CauliRice

Dinner:
Monday-Cheese Burger Salad
Tuesday-No noodle Spinach Lasagna
Wednesday-EggRoll in a Bowl (Family FAV!)
Thursday-Chicken and Broccoli Soup with Parmesan Crisps
Friday-Caulicrust Pizza with the works and a yummy salad
Saturday-BBQ Chicken with leftover Coleslaw and mashed Cauliflower
Sunday-Leftovers

I will put together a list of snacks and desserts later this week.  We enjoy dessert almost every night and I'm still loosing weight and feeling better then ever.  Even my Chiropractor complimented me the other day.  He said my joints moved easily and the decrease in inflammation was amazing!  So, do I miss Sugar and plain white flour????? No, not one bit!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment